8.25.2010

Family Trip Part 2 - Zipline Edition

I know I know, you are probably sick of seeing photos of us zip-lining... Well get over it. If you come visit I will take you and you too, can be zipping for all the world to see.

We took the kids to the Congo Trail Canopy Tour located near the beach. I chose this place b/c you get to play with the monkeys afterward! To my surprise (and tremendous anxiety) Jax and Carlee did several of the lines ALONE!!!! I didn't even know they were going to send them off but before I knew what was happening, we were at the first platform and the guides were hooking them up and throwing them down the line. It really wasn't THAT intense and the kids didn't even blink an eye, so turns out it was completely awesome!! I was so damn proud of Jax, the kid is seriously fearless.

In our group there were four other people who were in CR for a wedding, they were a lot of fun and we all had a great time! In the middle of the tour we came upon a large group of howler monkeys which was fun for everyone to see. After zipping my sister and I went into the monkey cage and played with the monkeys. They had two spider monkeys and about 10 or so white-faced Capuchin monkeys. The monkeys are always a blast, if you don't like monkeys jumping on your head I don't recommend entering the cage but if you enjoy them poking around grooming your hair in order to eat the bugs on your scalp, then this is for you!

After the monkeys we checked out the snakes and the kids got to hold one...they had a blast!

Chris and Carlee ready for the adventure!





No fear Carlee!!

My superstar son zipping upside down!

I TOTALLY wish I could take this girl home - she obviously loves me.

Mmmm...bugs!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! I can't believe Jax ziplined by himself and went UPSIDE DOWN! He's much braver than me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.