4.22.2011

Movies in Costa Rica - eat your heart out.

This week is Semana Santa, holy week here in Costa Rica, and the kids have the entire week off from school. Aaron and I took the boys to the movies in Liberia on Wednesday to see Hop - very adorable, even in Spanish! (I won't mention that it only cost $6 for all four of us).

We decided to grab a bite to eat before the film and found that they opened a new Mexican restaurant which was amazing and way cheaper and almost as authentic as our favorite (and only other) Mexican restaurant around these parts! Can't wait to go back - but - the food there isn't what this post is about.

If you know me, you know I love the movies - and I love the popcorn even more. When I went to the movies in CR for the first time I thought I was dreaming. Could it really be? No chance - if the US doesn't have it, no one has it. Oh boy was I mistaken. And oh boy, what the hell is wrong with the theaters in the US? They don't even have it?

What is this magical creation you ask? Well, come here and I will take you and you can find out for yourself.

Okay okay, I'm not that mean.

It's fresh. popped. hot. popcorn dulce... or Caramel Corn. Ahhh the sweetness. It doesn't get any better than this:

On the left - Popcorn Dulce
On the right - Popcorn Con Sal (with salt)


And there you go. Yes, I suppose I will take you if you come visit me...twist my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.