2.07.2010

To be or not to be....meat free?

We are far from vegetarians, however, after Aaron and I started working on our weight loss, (and after watching Food, Inc.) we have discovered it isn't the worst idea in the world. The only deal breaker, we both love sinking our teeth into a juicy steak...however, due to the fact that meat is hella expensive, not to mention heavy in weight watchers points, I have been trying to cook on the lighter side.

I don't think I have ever eaten a purely vegetarian pizza, I certainly have never made one before. Until I found this recipe, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind.

I used THIS pizza crust recipe, which was beyond fantastic and very low cal... combined the two and my pizza was only 3 ww points per slice. It was SO FREAKING DELICIOUS I can't even describe how good it was. Maybe it was the fact that we barely eat cheese anymore so the gooey mozzarella combined with the garlicky pesto made my taste buds dance and sing, or maybe it was just the simple fact that I am such an awesome cook and my happiness cooks into the food making it uber tasty??? No? Okay fine. Whatever the reason, if you like pizza and are looking for something totally freaking awesome and tasty...then go make this pizza. Don't even think about it, just make it. You won't regret it.

Oh PS... I added red peppers for some crunch and color, and used spinach as I can't buy arugula here.

The crust. No need to rise, roll it out, top if off.

Ummm. Okay. So the veggies here sometimes have questionable additions. I don't know if this is a bug or a plant, I'm thinking a bug of some sort...I went ahead and discarded this piece despite the high fiber probability. We eat enough bugs without knowing it.


The bug free veggies simmering

Mmmm the pesto...

Ready for lift off

And there ya have it. Looks damn good huh? (Don't answer that mom!)

1 comment:

  1. looks fantastic!!! Might have to make it this week, I love the idea of using pesto...mmm!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.