10.06.2009

Snow...in October?

Okay okay snow in October is not unheard of but come on, in the first week? EESH!! We were totally not prepared to get snow on this trip, however it turned out to be a lot of fun!

Yesterday morning after the big snow fall (I would say we got about 6") Jax and I bundled up to shovel the driveway. As I was laboring, heaving the heavy wet snow up up and away, Jaxon was behind me shoveling the grass, making sure to land his pile right where I had just cleared...So I asked him, "Jax, why don't you stop shoveling the grass and come help me with the driveway." To which he replied, "No cuz I LOVE (big emphasis on the word love here) to shovel the grass. When my dad was a kid he loved to shovel grass too." And there ya have it. Question answered.

After the driveway was all set we decided to take advantage of the wet snow and make a snowman. I don't know the last time any of you made a snowman but let me tell you, it is not easy. I tried the process of rolling the ball around but it basically broke and blobbed...so it was a pieced together snowman...while I was slaving away Jaxon was next to me balling and throwing snowballs at me the whole time, each one came with a signature Jaxon grunt as he chucked them at me...it was pretty funny.

The wet snow had taken its toll on many trees so we snagged some branches off of a fallen limb for arms and borrowed some leaves and flowers from moms once pretty, now soggy plants...all in all it was a fun day and our snowman turned out okay:)

Last night we went on a boot hunt so today we were able to a bit of sunshine while playing in the snow! Riley really really really enjoyed eating the snow and just sort of stood there with a snowball in his hand eating away while Jax made snow angels and ran around.

Here are some pics of our snow fun!!

Take a look at the tree hanging over the driveway...this is early Sunday evening.

This was around midnight, notice the tree hanging even more...

Monday morning, snow hovering over car...really there is a car under there!

Our snowman!!
Riley eating the snow...yum!


"Mom can you come a little closer?"

Running Jump


1 comment:

  1. I bet the boys had so much fun in the snow!=) Loved the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.