10.03.2009

Finally...some relief!

Here we are at mom's still... we are having a great visit but missing Daddy. We still have 2 1/2 weeks left of our visit, so much more to see and do.

For the last 10 days Riley has been sick... it was inevitable that he would get something while we were here considering he hasn't been sick since birth. It started with a bit of diarrhea and quickly mutated into vomiting...awesome. I should mention here that I have maybe been sick with vomiting twice in my life, so other than vomiting for other reasons I won't disclose here, I don't have a lot of experience in this category of child care. The two or so times that Jax has been sick I have been lucky enough to be out of town or have my hubs nearby to take care of these matters. Aaron has a superhero gene when it comes to sick kids... Jax as much as thinks about puking and Aaron has a trash can under his head rubbing his back. It is fantastic and I wish he was here to help!!!

So needless to say, a few days after Aaron leaves Riley gets sick. After a week of it we took him to urgent care. He was refusing most liquids other than water and I was worried he was dehydrating. Doc said the virus would last 7-10 days and gave us a cream to rub on Riley's wrists to help with nausea...the cream tickles when I put it on and he really seems to like it!! Today is day 10 and is the second day Riley has gone all night without throwing up. He even woke up today diarrhea free!! (which was a huge surprise considering how much he ate last night) For the last couple days he has gotten his appetite back in a major way, shoving everything he can find in his mouth and ravaging the cabinets looking for anything edible he can get his hands on. He hasn't moved more than 2 feet from the box of apple cinnamon cheerios that he carries around with him wherever he goes. If you even mention milk in his presence he high tails it to the fridge begging. He finally got some milk this morning and was completely delighted...it was pretty funny.

Here is is when I busted him with the Cheerios, sneaky boy.
Looking for something more to eat!!

"Just give me the peanut butter already!!!"

In the meantime Jaxon has discovered computer games. Nick Jr. has games for each of their shows and he is addicted...hey its better than watching TV all day right! I am really impressed with his hand eye coordination, its fun to watch him listen to the instructions and play the games all by himself, he is getting so big!


Today they are having a pumpkin festival at our event center with games and pumpkin painting...I will post pics later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.