8.28.2009

Vaca - Austin Day 1

Yesterday was our first real day in Austin which is always a good time. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I lived with the Latimers. When I moved to VA in May of 1999, I had spent very little time in the east coast and was completely astonished when I walked into a burger king and the lady just looked at me, no hello, no can I help you, just looked at me...after an awkward pause she oh so annoyingly asked me, "What do you want?"... it was at that moment I realized I was far far from home. However being with the Latimers I was an instant part of the family. Jim and Ellyn were an instant support system, advisers and great friends, the girls were so adorable at ages 4, 8 & 9 and a baby was on the way. They welcomed me with open arms and we have been family since. Today Casie is a sophomore in college, Emily a freshman, Julie, who was just a squeeky little four year old, is in 9th grade and James, the brand new baby, my first, is 10 and it boggles my mind every day that the time has gone so fast.

I was very very lucky to have been placed (the nanny agency) with such an incredible family and am so super excited to be visiting them. The last time I was here Jaxon was 11 months old, thats almost 3 years ago and way too long. Okay enough reminiscing...here are some pics of Jax on a trampoline bungee type thing at the mall we went to yesterday then some of the boys from a restaurant we went to before departing Houston on Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment here. No account needed.